$10 Drop-in Classes
Recycled Cycles is now offering basic bike classes. We'll be covering some everyday concerns for those looking to get a little more hands-on with their bikes. Some of the topics we'll be covering include:
Basic Maintenance for Daily Commuters
- Lubrication: Which parts should be lubricated, how often it should be done, and how to do it.
- Wheels: Assessing wear on rims, spokes, hubs, and tires.
- Rubber parts: Which kinds of tires should you be using for your commute?
- Pick your battles: Sometimes it's best to call in the experts. When should you do that and what does that look like?
The Ultimate Flat Fix Class
This class will teach you everything you need to know about how to fix the most common issue with any bike: a flat tire. We'll teach you what we do when we encounter a flat and walk you through the steps we use to fix it. These include:
- Removing the wheel: Both in a stand and on the side of the road.
- How to find the source of the flat.
- When to use a patch, and when to replace the tube.
- Which tools you'll need.
- When you need to look at getting a new tire.
Keep an eye out on our calendar for updates to the schedule. If there's something you're interested in learning about, let us know. If there's enough interest, we can make a class for it.