We help a lot of people out with their bikes everyday. We hear a lot of the same questions on a fairly regular basis, so we decided to have a series of free classes to help answer some questions a lot of cyclists might have. Some of the topics we'll be covering include:
Basic Maintenance for Daily Commuters
- Lubrication: Which parts should be lubricated, how often it should be done, and how to do it.
- Wheels: Assessing wear on rims, spokes, hubs, and tires.
- Rubber parts: Which kinds of tires should you be using for your commute?
- Pick your battles: Sometimes it's best to call in the experts. When should you do that and what does that look like?
The Ultimate Flat Fix Class
This class will teach you everything you need to know about how to fix the most common issue with any bike: a flat tire. We'll teach you what we do when we encounter a flat and walk you through the steps we use to fix it. These include:
- Removing the wheel: Both in a stand and on the side of the road.
- How to find the source of the flat.
- When to use a patch, and when to replace the tube.
- Which tools you'll need.
- When you need to look at getting a new tire.
Outfitting for commuting:
- Benefits of layering
- A good jacket is key
- Bag choices
Properly lock your bike:
- Lock options
- General tips
Tool kit construction:
- Tier 1 - The basics
- Tier 2 - Well equipped
- Tier 3 - Unstoppable
Keep an eye out on our calendar for updates to the schedule. If there's something you're interested in learning about, let us know. If there's enough interest, we can make a class for it.
Check the calendar for updates on when classes will be held and what we'll be teaching. Let us know if there's something you'd like to learn about. If there's something lots of people ask about, we'll make a class for it.